The Skipper sent an email to all crew members who were added to the new website. The email provides directions on how to log in for the first time and set your password. Once your password has been set, the Skipper receives automatic notification that your login setup has been completed. If anyone has a problem with logging and setting their password, please email the Skipper for help!
- Go to the Sample Boat Site website http://sample.crew-mgr.com
- On the menu far right, click on Log in
- The Login window opens – below the login box click on Lost your password?
- Enter your username shown as Display Name on the list below, or use your email address. Type either in the User Name or Email address blank, then click Get New Password
- Check your email for a message with the title Sample Boat Site Password Reset. It should arrive immediately – check your spam folder if it is not in your inbox.
- Inside the email is a link to click to reset your password
- This opens a window with a box to enter your new password that will already have random characters in it. Delete that and enter whatever password you want. The password DOES NOT need to be at least 12 characters long. You may need to check an acknowledgement box to Confirm use of weak password
- Click Reset Password. The page displayed indicates Your password has been reset. Log in. Click on Log in.
- You now see the original Login window. Enter your username and password, then click Login. Note that both the username and password are case sensitive.
The Skipper receives automatic email notification that a password has been reset, so no need to send a separate email. Once logged in, feel free to browse the items under the Crew menu. If a Crew Member changes their availability for any event, the Skipper is automatically notified.
Here is a good tip – Click Calendar on the menu. Once the calendar list opens, click on Expand All located in the calendar menu. Scroll down and you can see all the details for those events. Feel free to browse around the site to become familiar with it.
A list of crew members with log in information is displayed for those logged in. The Display Name is a person’s User Name.