36 days until this event
It takes more than great boat speed to win races. Victory requires strong tactics and great boat speed. At a North U Tactics Seminar you’ll learn the essentials of Racing Strategy, Tactics, and Rules.
Register now, and be sure to bring your crew so you’re all on the same page.
North U Risk Free Registration – Full Refund if you cancel.
72 Fort Adams Drive
Newport, RI 02840
For this location lunch is optional,
Curriculum is the same for all participants. Host Club Members should sign up under Member category.
For this location lunch is optional.
Be at Sail Newport - Sat February 29th @ 9:00AMEvent Website: North U, Francine Wainer
Post # 138
120 days until this event
Pursuit race to BI – non spinnaker.
- 6:00pm Skippers Meeting – Get official start times and sailing instructions
- 9:00am Start – Newport. The first boat will start at 9:00am, and the rest will follow based on handicap.
- 6:00pm Finish – New Harbor, Block Island – If you can’t finish by 6:00pm give up, turn on your engine and come in for beer.
- 10:00am Bloody Mary Contest (virgin of course) – Back by popular demand. Bring your own concoction. What you do with the mixes after the judges taste them is up to you.
- 3:00pm Hors d’oeuvres – On the dock. Be ready to present your best hors d’oeuvres for judging in taste and presentation. Partaking requires participation!
- 4:00pm Awards – On the dock.
- Leave as you so desire or continue to enjoy the island. Be sure to check with your dock
mates in case any of them want to leave early.
Be at Dock - Sat May 23rd @ 8:00AMEvent Website: Newport YC (Roy Guay)
Post # 141
135 days until this event
This is a free race for any Twenty Hundred Club member and requires separate race registration. It is not included in the Membership + Race Package. Click on the Race Page link to register.
Be at Vicinity of Halfway Rock - Sun June 7th @ 9:00AMEvent Website: Twenty Hundred Club
Race Results: Race Results Post # 145
140 days until this event
The Around-the-Island Race or middle distance race (scored separately) on Friday
2nd event for J/109 East Coast Regatta Series
The warning signal for the first race is 1100 each day
The traditional Two-Day Series on Saturday and Sunday, for boats racing in IRC, ORC,
One-Design classes, Classics (Spinnaker and Non-Spinnaker), Multihulls, PHRF Navigators
(Spinnaker and Non-Spinnaker).
● Racing may consist of the following:
﹣ Drop mark races on Rhode Island Sound or Narragansett Bay;
﹣ Navigator style races using marks designated on the South Bay Race Chart or in the sailing instructions;
Be at - Fri June 12th @ 9:00AMEvent Website: New York YC
Post # 147